Saturday 13 October 2012

October 13th

 

When the moor succumbs

to bitter progress, they’ll dig

and find the bog man

 

I’ve not been entirely happy with my Haikus of late. I went for a run and lo and behold, some inspiration. Running is thinking time. I wrote a poem about the mind cleansing solitude, the creativity to be garnered from a run, away from all that distracting technology which clogs our lives, how it touches something ancient, something physical, brings us closer to the animals were are.

Today I considered what it would be like if I were lost on the moor, sunk into the peat, only to be discovered hundreds of years into the future preserved like one of those bog men. What could they deduce about me? Would they work out I was more than just a stupid jogger who broke his ankle and sunk into the mire? Probably not and to be honest they wouldn’t need to, as they’d be right!

There is an 8-haiku (5-7-5) version of this work on my main blog as it is more of a narrative poem. The abridged version single Haiku version is here.

No comments: